How many Gospel-books occur in the Handlist? And how many ‘certainly Breton’ and ‘probably Breton’ manuscripts contain texts on grammar, or on computus? This visualization will answer questions such as these.
Connections with Brittany
MSS covered by the chart above fall within the following categories:
- Probably written in Brittany;
- Certainly written in Brittany;
- Some contents probably derive from a Breton exemplar / archetype;
- Some contents certainly derive from a Breton exemplar / archetype;
- Certainly glossed by Breton scribes;
- Probably written by a Breton scribe;
- Certainly written by Breton scribes
- Probably written by Breton scribes
- Certainly written by a Breton scribe;
- Probably written in or near Brittany;
- Certainly written in or near Brittany.