One of the key research questions of the IrCaBriTT project was to assess the presence of Hiberno-Latin texts and other Irish connections in the Breton manuscript production. Here are some basic data that may be used to try and answer that question.
Connections with Brittany
MSS covered by the chart above fall within the following categories:
- Probably written in Brittany;
- Certainly written in Brittany;
- Some contents probably derive from a Breton exemplar / archetype;
- Some contents certainly derive from a Breton exemplar / archetype;
- Certainly glossed by Breton scribes;
- Probably written by a Breton scribe;
- Certainly written by Breton scribes
- Probably written by Breton scribes
- Certainly written by a Breton scribe;
- Probably written in or near Brittany;
- Certainly written in or near Brittany.